luminous

Luminous

Luminous

Monday 3 August 2015

How to Remove Live Tiles & Resize the Start Menu in Windows 10

The Start menu is finally back in Windows 10, but a lot has changed since we last saw it in Windows 7. From a visual standpoint, the first difference you'll notice is the addition of live tiles, which occupy the right half of the Start menu and provide quick information from your "Universal" Windows apps.
For some folks, the addition of live tiles isn't exactly a desirable feature, as they take up quite a bit of space and make your Start menu much bigger than it needs to be. So if you prefer a slim, clutter-free Start menu, you'll be happy to know that these live tiles can be removed, which will then allow you to shrink your Start menu down to a single column.
Ads by Wooden SealAd Options

Step 1: Remove All Live Tiles

If you're looking to shrink your Start menu down to a single column, start by removing all of the live tiles from the right-hand portion of the menu. To do that, simply right-click any live tile, then select "Unpin from Start."
Repeat this process of unpinning live tiles from your Start menu until you are left with none. At this point, your Start menu should look a lot less cluttered, but it's still a bit too wide, so we'll fix that next.

Step 2: Shrink Your Start Menu Down to a Single Column

With all of your live tiles gone, simply hover your mouse pointer over the right edge of your Start menu. When your mouse pointer changes into a double-headed arrow, click and hold your left mouse button, then drag the edge of your Start menu over to the left.
After dragging the edge of your Start menu as far over to the left as possible, you'll be left with a clean, single-columned Start menu. If you'd like, you can also shrink the Start menu vertically by dragging the top edge downward.
Did you shrink your Start menu down to a single column more because you're a fan of simplicity, or was it because you just don't like the new live tiles? Let us know in the comment section below, or drop us a line on

3 comments:

  1. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider worries that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks
    Best Vpn Services
    Darknet Markets Links
    Access the Deep Web

    ReplyDelete
  2. As many of the others have remarked, style blogging is something I have thought about doing since I retired and I love that you have put out such comprehensive instructions for would-be bloggers to follow. Like others, I just need to get up the nerve and resolve to do it. I am 65 years old, and have body issues that make it quite difficult, but not impossible, to purchase clothing. I take tidbits from you, Cyndi, Tania, Jennifer Connolly, Pam Lutrell, and Susan Street. However, my body issues involve arms that require 3/4 length sleeves, and legs that require below the knee pants, skirts and dresses. Those two requirements narrow the shopping choices greatly. Once dressed for those requirements, I think I look pretty good for a 65 year old broad – LOL – even with a few extra pounds on board. I believe my niche audience are women like me who have similar body issues who are on a quest to find the perfect outfits that fit those specifications (Soft Surroundings is one place I buy a lot of my clothes). Right now I’m struggling with a name for the blog. Once I come up with that, I hope I’ll be ready to kick this thing off. It’s kind of scary the thought of putting myself out there…
    Games to play over text good morning online grammar checker Music Download Sites to download legally newlywed game questions Reasons why I love youHowmate.com

    ReplyDelete